- October 5, 2022
What Kitchen Tools Does Every Kitchen Need?
Regardless of how big or small your kitchen is, there are a few essential kitchen tools that every home cook needs in order to make delicious, home-cooked meals. From gadgets that make meal prep easier to appliances that make cooking a breeze, here are kitchen tools that should be in every kitchen.
1. A good knife. This is probably the most important kitchen tool on this list. A good knife will make meal prep quicker and easier, and it will also help you avoid accidents in the kitchen. When choosing a knife, look for one that is made from high-quality stainless steel and has a comfortable grip. A good knife should also be well-balanced; too much weight in the handle can make it difficult to control, while too much weight in the blade can make it more likely to slip.
2. A cutting board. A cutting board is another essential kitchen tool. It provides a flat, stable surface for chopping and slicing ingredients, and it can help protect your countertops. Look for a cutting board that is made from durable plastic or bamboo; these materials are gentle on knives and easy to clean. Avoid glass or ceramic cutting boards, as they can dull your knives over time.
3. A set of measuring cups and spoons. Whether you’re baking a cake or just making some oatmeal, measuring cups and spoons are an essential part of any home cook’s toolkit. Look for a set that includes both standard and metric measurements, as well as both liquid and dry measurements. Most sets include 1/4-, 1/2-, and 1-cup measures, as well as 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon measures.
4. A meat grinder. A meat grinder is a great kitchen tool for anyone who likes to cook with ground meat. Grinders are available in both manual and electric models. Electric grinders are generally more powerful, but manual grinders can be a great option for those who don’t want to deal with cords. Electric meat grinder reviews can be found online to help you choose the best model for your needs.
5. A set of mixing bowls. Mixing bowls are another kitchen staple that every home cook needs. Look for mixing bowls that are made from durable materials like stainless steel or glass; these bowls will last longer and won’t stain as easily as plastic bowls will. Avoid nesting bowls, as they can be difficult to store; instead, opt for bowl stacks or caddies which take up less space in your cupboards.
6. A set of pots and pans. It goes without saying that every kitchen needs pots and pans! When choosing pots and pans, look for ones that are made from durable materials like stainless steel or cast iron; these pots and pans will last longer and won’t warp or stain as easily as aluminum or nonstick pots and pans can. Avoid purchasing sets of pots and pans; instead, choose individual pieces that will work best for the type of cooking you do most often. For example, if you love to bake, invest in a good baking sheet and cake pan; if you love to cook curry dishes, invest in a good wok or saucepan.
7. Kitchen tongs. Tongs are an essential tool for any home cook; they’re perfect for flipping burgers on the grill or tossing salads without getting your hands dirty! Look for tongs that are made from durable materials like stainless steel or silicone; these tongs will last longer and won’t rust or stain as easily as plastic tongs can.
8. A whisk. Another baking essential! A whisk is perfect for mixing ingredients together quickly and easily without making a mess.
9. An instant-read thermometer. Last but not least on this list is an instant-read thermometer! This handy little gadget is perfect for quickly checking the internal temperature of the meat without having to wait around for a traditional meat thermometer to give you an accurate reading. An instant-read thermometer is also great for checking the oil temperature when frying foods; just insert the thermometer into the oil before adding your food to ensure that the oil is at the correct temperature.